I saw this tag floating around recently and I thought it would be fun to give it a go! So here we are… 50 random facts about me (Autumn), the writer of Mrs Gaeul! 😉
1. I absolutely love to sing, but I can’t really hold a tune haha. Karaoke is my best friend!
2. I’ve been married to my lovely hubby for four years now. I married young because we knew what we wanted and went for it! <3
3. I’m a teacher but my life goal is to go to Egypt and open up an early childhood school for orphans and children in extreme poverty. Ideally I would love to make the school free and educate their parents as well about how to give their children the best start in life!
4. When I was young, I was a super tomboy. Don’t know what happened, but I turned girly overnight.
5. I’m a sucker for cute packaging. Literally, I can know the product is crap, but if the packaging is adorable I feel the pull to buy it.
6. I converted from Christianity at 16 to Islam. My whole family is Christian although not practicing really, like most Christians here in the US. However we are still one big happy family! <3
7. Culture fascinates me. My biggest regret when I’m old will be not traveling enough if I don’t explore the world!
8. I student taught Kindergarten in Japan for about three months and it was mind blowingly amazing. I miss it every day.
9. My favorite comfort food that I reach out for is meatloaf. It sounds so gross, but I’ll be darned if meatloaf doesn’t signify comfort to me, haha.
10. South Korea is a passion of mine, and I really hope that I can live there for a year one day and teach ESL.
11. I have a very antisocial cat named Hareedy that doesn’t love me or anybody really. He is beautiful, so he has that going for him at least!
12. I’m obessed with The Biggest Loser. It inspires me to go at it harder in the gym!
13. Speaking of the gym, I changed my lifestyle almost a year ago and I’ve lost 55lbs so far. Hard work but my health is worth it!
14. I’m a snuggler. I’m so touchy feely!
15. I was an extra in a Bollywood movie named Kabhi Alvida Na Kehnaa when I was 16. I was a bit of a stalker and went to New York to do it. You can see me twice for like 5 seconds in the movie, LOL.
16. I cried a little bit when House ended. Wahhh!
17. If a series is really awesome, I will literally delay watching the last episode for months because I don’t want it to end.
18. My favorite perfume is Gucci Envy Me. 🙂
19. I’m totally a hopeless romantic and I spend a lot of time dreaming of the future. I have so many dreams for myself!
20. I love how nail polish looks, but I hate the feeling of it on my nails.
21. I’m a bit of a hippie, so I don’t eat anything with high fructose corn syrup in it.
22. My husband and I are pretty opposite in all respects. Sometimes we laugh because we literally have little in common! Opposites attract, right? 😉
23. I think brussels sprouts are disgusting. They are just one vegetable that I can not stomach.
24. I’m 5’3″, but I still feel too tall to really wear heels. Most of the time, I’m in flats.
25. When I was born, my eyes were violet! My Mom thought I was the next Elizabeth Taylor, but they later changed to a nice blue. 🙂
26. I’m semi-fluent in Arabic, or rather, Egyptian Arabic due to the hubby.
27. I can read English, Arabic, Korean, and Japanese (hiragana) writing systems. Huzzah!
28. I love languages, they are fascinating. I’m particularly interested in Asian languages, and I’m learning Korean currently.
29. I love to cook, and one of my favorite places to get recipes from is Laura Vitale via her cooking channel on Youtube, Laura in the Kitchen. Simple, easy, and delicious!
30. I have a huuuge sweet tooth. Put something sugary in front of me and I can’t resist!
31. I’ve never had a boyfriend. I met my husband through a friend, we expressed interest in each other and got the families involved. My husband was the same way. We’re lucky!
32. I broke my wrist in 6th grade while skating because someone ran into me on the skating rink. The worse pain I’ve ever felt in my life! It sucks because it wasn’t even my fault…
33. I’ve never smoked or drank alcohol in my entire life. It is prohibited in Islam, but even before I never wanted to. My Dad is a chain smoker, so I hated smoking from a young age. I can’t stand the smell! Alcoholism runs in my family as well, and I’ve seen the damage it can do to a person, so I’ve been repulsed by it for personal reasons since forever. Even if I was allowed to drink and smoke, I would never do it.
34. The first concert I went to was The Spice Girls. HAHA! I’m a 90’s kid. I cried all day until my Mom would take me. Now that I think back to it, I was such a brat. My Mom said we couldn’t afford it so I should have left it at that. Sigh. I still remember my Mom holding me on her shoulders so that I could see. Bless her heart.
35. I hate confrontation, and avoid it whenever possible. Unfortunately this translates into letting people take advantage of me at times.
36. I’m really passionate about children’s rights, especially special needs children.
37. Seeing people mistreat children, people with disabilities, and the elderly makes me so angry. I swear, I have to hold myself back from hurting people when I see that kind of stuff.
38. I love old people and I just want to give them hugs all the time. They hold such a wealth of knowledge and I’ll never pass up a chance to sit down and have a conversation.
39. I’m really against nursing homes and will personally NEVER put my parents in one. They took care of me when I was helpless and I’m going to return the favor. Or scratch that… I’ll never be able to return that favor, but I’m going to try.
40. I was raised by a single Mom who made a lot of mistakes but still managed to raise up all three of her children darn well. In fact, I shudder to think of the person I would be if I had been raised by my father. My mother is responsible for the successful, loving and open person I am today.
41. I used to be terrified of having children before I got married. Now I look forward to being a Mom some day!
42. I was born in Indiana and have lived here my whole life.
43. I love Seattle. I want to live there someday!
44. I’m a really shy person when you first meet me, and some people say I am stand offish. After you get to know me, I’m really talkative and crazy though. 😀
45. Currently, I live in the United States and I’ve been to Egypt, The Netherlands, Japan and Korea.
46. Some lighter facts! Green tea lattes are so delicious and my drink of choice. Love it!
47. I prefer to drink out of mugs rather than regular cups. They are cuter!
48. My youngest sister is 12 years younger than me. When she was a baby, people used to think she was my child all of the time and it would make me so angry! LOL
49. I was a super book worm when I was in school and I won an award for the most books read during the school year. Nerdy! 8)
50. Spicy food is not my friend. I want to like spicy food so badly but it is too painful. 🙁
I feel like this list is so bipolar! Some silly, some serious, some off the wall stuff. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and learned a little something about me!
I would love to know more about you too… if you have a 50 random facts blog post please tag it below. If you don’t, let me know something about you! 🙂