Yay! It is time for my foodie pen pal reveal post. Actually, I am behind in posting it haha. My life has been such a whirlwind lately, with so much time and no time to just sit down and do the things that I want to do. I’m about to head out to Chicago, for a little road trip with my husband. We haven’t had time to take a trip together in two years. Yes, two years! We finally said heck with it and planned this outing. I’m excited!
Something else I’m excited about is my foodie items that came in the mail from the wonderful Amanda! My box got lost in the mail somehow, but Amanda was nice enough to resend it. I felt so horrible, because I know the post and the items gets expensive; she didn’t have to send it again, she is so nice! Check out her blog Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Coupons.
- Gingersnap Larabar
- Eden Selected All Mixed Up Nuts & Dried Fruit
- Tazo Iced Green Tea with Spearmint and Lemongrass
- Artisana 100% Organic Raw Almond Butter
- Pure Naked 100% Coconut Water
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Quinoa
- Stretch Island Company Mango Sunrise Fruit Leather
Yum! I tried the Tazo tea and absolutely loved it. I went to Big Lots later that day, and found the same tea on sale for 75 cents so I bought a ton of them. I’m totally stocked on delicious, healthy snacks now thanks to Amanda!
I loved receiving my foodie package this month, and also sending out my own unique package of goods! Check out the information below to join June’s foodie list.
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Interested? Head on over to The Lean Bean and sign up. It is a lot of fun and you will get to try awesome new food items.