I’m late again for my Foodie Pen Pals reveal post! It seems like I am always busy around the revel day haha. I went to visit my mother over the weekend and was without internet at her house so here I am, posting late once again!
This month was so funny, because both the person I was sending to and the person that sent to me are teachers! What a coincidence. 😉
The lovely Danielle sent me a package full of nutritious goodies this month. She is a blogger but is currently revamping her site. We have so much in common, so I’m excited to see what she has in store! I told her that I was trying to eat healthy and have good eating habits and she was totally the girl for the job! She studied nutrition so she sent me a lot of new things that I was excited to try! 🙂
Here is what I got!
- Go Raw Real Live Food: 100% Organic Spirulina Super Chips
- alo Awaken Aloe Vera & Wheatgrass Juice
- Essential Everyday Lentils
- Crofter’s Superfruit Spread with Black currants, Pomegranates, Morello Cherries and Red Grapes
- Rose Syrup
- Tea for every occasion: Yogi Vanilla Spice Perfect Energy, Bedtime, Chai Rooibos, and Tazah tea.
I loved receiving my foodie package this month, and also sending out my own unique package of goods! If you are interested in seeing what I sent my pen pal, head on over to Fudging Ahead to see Aly’s post! Check out the information below to join June’s foodie list.
- On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I’m going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
***If you’re in the UK, please contact Carol Anne from This Is Rock Salt at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved!
Interested? Head on over to The Lean Bean and sign up. It is a lot of fun and you will get to try awesome new food items.